WHAT DOES VIRTUAL LEARNING LOOK LIKE
FOR ALL ELEMENTARY?
You have to opt-out of IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION in order to continue with all-VIRTUAL LEARNING.
You can opt-out through January 14,
and/or you can opt-out of IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION though the end of the year.
VIRTUAL STUDENTS FROM NOVEMBER 2, 2020 - JANUARY 14, 2020, LOOKS LIKE:
- All students will receive synchronous instruction in the morning from 7:45 AM - 10:30 AM with their current classmates and teacher
- Lunch break is scheduled from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Students will receive asynchronous instruction from 11:40 AM - 2:20 PM Monday through Thursday
- On Fridays, virtual students will have small group instruction delivered remotely from 11:40 AM -2:20 PM
IF YOU OPT-OUT OF IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION FOR THE REMAINING OF THE YEAR, YOU WILL BE ENROLLED IN THE VIRTUAL LEARNING ACADEMY STARTING JANUARY 19, 2021 UNTIL END OF YEAR. THIS LOOKS LIKE:
Enrollment in a virtual learning academy in lieu of having a homeschool
- Students will have a traditional school calendar and daily class schedule provided by the teacher
Students will be assigned to a new teacher who will provide instruction and activities aligned to the core SD129 curriculum
- Opportunities to participate in extracurriculars such as before/after school athletics, fine arts, and clubs for all students
- A mode of instruction that will not be impacted by future, more restrictive state mandates
related to COVID-19